Thursday, July 19, 2012

happy birthday to my best guy!

today jordan turns 28. remember how i met him when he was 14? wow, i still remember the first few times i saw him. one of those times my mom gave him a ride home in her convertible, the top was down, he sat on the back with a friend of ours and sang some rap song all the way to his house. boy, did i have a crush on him! over the next few years we kissed a few times, but  HE didn't want anything serious. i really liked him. he may or may not have started dated a friend of mine and i may or may not have been really upset over it, they didn't work out, he said he was sorry and i couldn't help but still really like him. there was always something about jordan that i found special. so a few months before i turned 17 we started dating, being bf/gf, ya know? always in the back of my mind i knew he would be leaving on his mission soon and i didn't know what would happen. i couldn't help myself from really falling for him. i remember in july, the 10th of 2003 to be exact, i knew that i loved him. i couldn't tell him though, he was leaving in just 2 short months. we had so much fun that summer. we hung out pretty much everyday. we went to concerts and murrray pool. and then  on a hot summer night (August 26th 2003) we were driving to a friends bday party in that same convertible, in the middle of the road, he slammed on the breaks, looked over at me and said "you know i love you, right?" best night. i remember it like it was yesterday. then he left, lots more years went by and look at us now! just a few nights ago we were talking about those days, if we ever thought we would be here today. and the answer is no. but i am so glad that we are. i love him, i love the memories we have. i love that i have known him since i was a kid. he is so so special to me! i couldn't ask for someone better. he loves me and takes care of me. he supports me in all my adventures. he encourages me to be better. cheers me up when i am down. makes me laugh so hard, because he really is quite funny. when i look into his eyes i see my future. he is going to be the best dad. i can't wait to see him hold this little boy for the first time. i hope jordan knows how much i appreciate him, i have a hard time showing it most of the time. today, for his birthday i hope he feels as special as he is. i will love him FOREVER.

2 comments:

  1. I remember his mission days like they were yesterday! It was so much fun watching you count down till he'd be home--and then I went through it myself and experienced those dreaded two years myself ;) Happy Birthday, Jordan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this, im so happy for you two!!! happy birthday jordan.

    ReplyDelete