Thursday, August 23, 2012

40

today i am 40 weeks pregnant.  the app on my phone that has had a count down on it says "TODAY IS THE DAY!" its funny because i've been looking forward to this day for a really long time. most of the time when you look forward to a certain date, you get the "prize" on that day. like when you have been waiting for a vacation, someone to return home. ya know? well, in the back of my mind i've known that a due date doesn't mean i would have the baby that exact day but i never realized how much i needed it to be the day. yeah, he could have come anytime before today, today is here and he isn't. and he is most likely not coming today.

i am 40 weeks pregnant... and still not dilated.  does this happen? i want to be holding my baby. i am a little sick of being prego. im big, and hot. i feel anxious about everything. i am really tired. obviously i am throwing myself a little pity party today, sorry. j is so positive, he always reminds me how lucky we were to get pregnant so fast and how lucky we are to have had a healthy pregnancy. i really do agree. i really just want to have a baby, today.

on monday, when i found out i was still not dilated, my dr. said he couldn't induce me until i was at least a 2. he said, didn't recommend, that i could have a c-section anytime. well, i don't want a c-section.  now i find myself considering it. what if my body just doesn't dilate, ever? my dr. said i could have a cervix softener at 41 and 1/2 weeks. i feel like 41 and 1/2 weeks is like a year away. by that time my baby might weigh 10 lbs. how is that going to work, no epidural and a 10 lb. babe? nope, not happening. most likely i would still need a c-section. AND what if the cervix softener doesn't work? ahh.. i am driving myself nuts.

monday is my next appointment. i NEED my baby to be here by then. or at least some progress. pray for me! has anyone ever not been dilated by this point? i need some advice. thanks.


for now im off to mow the lawn and clean my house. if that doesn't help i'll be at the track running stairs! :)

2 comments:

  1. I've been checking your blog to see if your babe has arrived yet :) This is exactly what happened to me with my last 2 babies... I went past 40 weeks and never ever dialated on my own. My dr told me that some women just don't go into labor on their own. It was so discouraging. I ended up being induced at almost 41 weeks, even though I still wasn't dialated at all, and they were both long, complicated deliveries - so I can see why your dr wants to wait til you're a 2. Hang in there! I know these days seems likes weeks. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and that sweet baby have been in our prayers and so far they have been answered-that you have had a healthy pregnancy. we will now pray for this little boy to get busy make his grand appearance...soon! hopefully mowing will help!

    ReplyDelete